Monday, February 24, 2014

FIRST POST

My first post will be a post about Cecelia Ahern's If you could see me now. This is not a book review nor critics i have on this book. This is simply a post on how i feel after reading it.

This is the first novel that catch my heart and I can't stop reading even I'm falling asleep! I'm not usually a book lover and to be honest i rarely read newspapers too. That's who i am. I happened to read this book all because of the lifeless lifestyle I'm having now. Everyday passed by just like that.

SO I've decided to read books to improve my english and to kill off the time. I will write a small piece of summary regarding this book to help you further understand what I'm about to post later. Here is the summary of the novel :

======
Elizabeth (main character) had always been known as a serious, clean and one that has the least smile on earth (or at least the town). Since young she was forced to grow up quickly to take care of her father and younger sister, Saoirse whom abandoned by her wild and free-spirited mother. Saoirse unfortunately has grown up behaving like her mother, wild and much worst. She break rules, often drunk and even gave birth to a child (Luke) whom the father is unknown. Unsurprisingly, after giving birth to Luke, Saoirse went MIA and the responsibility/burden of taking care of her child goes to Elizabeth. Things started to go wrong when Luke told Eli he had met a new friend named Ivan. What is so wrong about this is, Eli can't seem to see him. After checking from the Internet, Eli is less worried because according to the doctors and professors, these Imaginary Friends will only last about three months. However, after some time, Eli started to able to feel Ivan's breath, and eventually able to see him! Ivan was confused because in the past, he never had an adult friend. You might think that Ivan is about the age of Luke, but the truth is Ivan is about the age of Eli! And soon things started to blossoms between Eli and Ivan, I believe this what we call nowadays, they 'click' ;). The thing about imaginary friends (IF) is they help their 'friends' such as teaching, assisting and playing with them, basically just what a normal friend will do but only the people who believe and need their help will be able to see them. Once their job is done they will have to leave the 'friend' and the 'friend' eventually will not able to see them again. One of the things that is unique about these IF is they tend to speak backwards.. And so the same things happened to Ivan and Eli, when Eli has started to change from a person that has a little smile to a person that will laugh-out-loud, time is up and one day when she was throwing a birthday party, she can't see Ivan anymore. She still remember Ivan has once told her where he came from. Ekam Eveileb he said. which is also the backwards of Make Believe.
======

OK. so basically the main point i want to post about this is the so called ' IMAGINARY FRIENDS ' . After reading my summary of that book, do u believe in their existence?  

Well . I DO ;)
After reading this book, i feel great and I started to read other books that are written by Cecelia Ahern , she is undoubtedly a writer with lots of idea and imagination <3.
And not to mention, this novel inspired me to start blogging. :D
i hope you enjoy my first post. x) 

No comments:

Post a Comment